Friday, 15 November 2013

Fortunately, the Milk...













Fortunately, the Milk... is the unexpected adventure of a father who steps out to buy some milk. He meets all sorts of characters: pirates, vampires, angry volcano gods, aliens and a really cool dinosaur.

The story is fast-paced and compels you to keep turning the pages till you reach the end. There's action on almost every page and the illustrations just jump out of the page (even though the copy I have is not in colour). The characters are larger than life. All these elements combined make the story feel so alive and vibrant. It's great for reading aloud to your child, though I wouldn't recommend it as a bedtime story. Your kids will probably be bouncing off the walls instead of settling down to sleep.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and found myself reading certain parts aloud. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars!

Author: Neil Gaiman
Illustrator: Chris Riddell
First published in 2013 by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc

Age range: 7 to 9 years old

NA's rating: 4.5/5

1 comment:

  1. You have a real gift for writing reviews. I think you should think about maintaining this blog! It is terrific! You have indexed it really well for searching and cross-referencing. I enjoyed reading the variety of choices that you made, as well as your opinions about what you read.
    It was so nice to have you in my class. Good luck in your future endeavours!
    Lisa Patton

    ReplyDelete